facebook twitter


Who can join our activities?

Every national and international student is welcome to join the activities and parties of INTERACCESS! However, to fully enjoy our offered discounts for events and free entrance at parties, you should consider registering for The Hague International Card.


Who can become an INTERACCESS member?

There are two application rounds held every year, and everyone who studies at an international course in the Hague can apply. To stay updated on the recruitment dates and other activities, join us on Facebook, Twitter and check our website regularly!

  • Step 1: Fill in the application form on our website, published 1 month in advance to the recruitment.
  • Step 2: You will be invited to an interview after the recruitment period has ended.


What jobs does INTERACCESS offer?

INTERACCESS consists of four departments:

  • Planning department
  • Promotion departmen
  • Communication department
  • Finance department.

All four departments need new members yearly, and thus it is possible to apply for any of the above mentioned departments.


What does it cost to be a member of INTERACCESS?

INTERACCESS is a fun and diverse community, where people from all over the world work together. If you become a member there is no membership fee, however we do expect you to spend some of your free time to help us organize activities and events. The fee is €15.- which will get you your own INTERACCESS crew sweatshirt, t-shirt and all of the additional benefits from organizing an event.


Can I participate in organizing activities as a non-member?

YES you can! It is always possible to drop by with fresh and new ideas you would like to realize! If you want to organize a cultural trip/event/exhibition or a party. Just contact us with a short description that answers the following points:

    • What would you like to organize?
    • What is your aim?
    • Who do you want to attract?
    • How can we help you?
    • What funding do you think you'll need?
    • Are there any other organizations involved in your project?


Should I get a Dutch bank account? What is a chipknip?

Every Dutch credit card features the chipknip, a digital wallet situated on the right side of the card. The Chipknip can be used to purchase small goods from vending machines, but also to charge your OV-Chipkaart and pay in shops that don't swipe cards. Even if featured on your card, the Chipknip is a separate entity from your bank account; therefore, if you want to use it you need to transfer money from the account to the Chipknip using the appropriate upgrading machines. In the University, these can be found in the Central Restaurant, near Mockamore and on the 3rd and 4th floor of Slinger. Having a chipknip card is almost essential if you live in Holland: however, if you are staying for a short period of time and do not want to open another bank account, you can purchase a prepaid chipknip at the GWK (inside the Holland Spoor train station).


How do I pay for things inside the University?

The university has a no-cash policy; therefore, everything within the premises must be purchased through chipknip. In case you do not have a Dutch credit card, you can always go to the Student Service Centre, on your left when you enter the University, and request an Exchange Student card for free; this card works throughout the University. Through the Student Service Centre, you can charge it with your own credit card.


Where do I buy tram/bus tickets?

The OV-Chipkaart is a way of payment introduced in 2009 with which you can have access to all public transportation; the card contains a chip that can be charged. Every time you get on the bus or tram, you need to check-in with your card; a boarding rate is temporarily deducted from your OV. When you get off the bus, you need to check out and the boarding rate (minus the travel costs) is refunded. If you forget to check out, you will end up paying the whole travel journey, which is usually about 4 euros. In case you do not have the OV-Chipkaart with you, or you are traveling with a friend who does not possess it, you can buy a ticket from the driver of the bus.


How to get medical attention in The Hague?

In the Netherlands you should have a general practitioner (house doctor), in case you get hurt. You usually need to pay 25 euros to be registered with your general practitioner, and this clinic should be located nearest to your place.
If you access this website and type in your post code it shows the doctors who are the nearest to your place:

However, all clinics have their practices closed at 18:00, so if you're not feeling well after that time you can go straight to the hospital, like MCH for instance:

The hospital will send the bill to your address, but if you fill in the claim form from your insurance company they'll pay your bill for you.